Twisted, enlarged veins can be an unpleasant addition to our bodies. Spider veins tend to appear when excess pressure is put on certain areas such as the legs and face. Not only may you find these veins unattractive, but their appearance is often accompanied by itching, burning, and irritation. Laser Aesthetics believes that no one should live with this discomfort. This is why we are happy to extend a helpful hand and offer vein therapy solutions to our wonderful friends in need.
What is Vein Therapy?
Laser Aesthetics vein therapy involves the use of specialized lasers equipped with the unique ability to target adverse blood vessels without disturbing surrounding tissue. All of our lasers are FDA-approved and designed specifically for safe and effective skin treatment. Pulsating lights are absorbed by the skin during our treatments. Once absorbed, these lights collapse unwanted blood vessels using targeted heat energy.
Vein Therapy Treatment Options
Spider Vein Therapy
Laser Aesthetics’s spider vein therapy option is used to target enlarged blood vessels on specific body regions such as the legs. This completely safe procedure is geared toward removing dilated, short, and unconnected veins only. Our specialized lasers are made to prevent damage to surrounding areas. This means that spider vein therapy sessions will never result in damaged skin or irritation.
Facial Telangiectasia Vein Therapy
This therapy option is specifically geared toward removing spider veins located on the face. These veins are caused by widened venules (tiny blood vessels) that branch out into red or blue clusters. Our targeted laser technology removes these veins quickly while causing only minimal discomfort during treatment.
What can I Expect?
Both treatments require roughly 3 to 5 laser sessions at 4-week intervals. Vein color and size play a big role in determining how long sessions take, so treatment times may vary. After your treatment, you can expect some redness, swelling, and bruising to occur. However, most symptoms will disappear in a matter of hours and the procedures carry no risk of long term side effects.
Before and After Your Treatment:
- To AVOID hyperpigmentation (dark spots) after treatment, do not expose yourself to the sun without at least 30SPF sunscreen. Remember the sun’s harmful rays can penetrate clothing.
- Avoid the use of self-tanning agents, spray tans, tanning beds or any other artificial pigment to the skin while undergoing treatment and for at least 3 weeks prior to the first treatment.
- Avoid any irritants to your skin, such as any products containing Retin-A, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids or astringents for 1 week before and after your treatment.
- If possible, please do not wear any makeup prior to your facial treatment.
- To avoid the opening of the treated veins and significant bruising, do not take aspirin or other anti-inflammatory products (Anacin, Bufferin, Advil, Ibuprofen or Nuprin) for one week before and after treatment. Tylenol may be used.
- Avoid alcohol for at least two weeks before treatment.
- To decrease any discomfort after treatment, using a support hose or an ace bandage MAY be helpful. It may also help in reducing the amount of bruising. The research comparing the use of support hose versus not using support hose demonstrates mixed results.
- Post-treatment bruising can be minimized by applying Vitamin K cream, Arnica Montana, or Auriderm Cream.
- Ice can be applied (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off) to decrease swelling in the treatment area. Swelling will subside naturally in a few hours. Bromelain 750 mg four times per day is a homeopathic remedy utilized to reduce swelling. Do not take on an empty stomach.
Before & after results
Vein Therapy in Cape Cod
Laser Aesthetics of Cape Cod is proud to accompany you on your aesthetics journey. Why go off Cape? Join the Laser Aesthetics family and take part in our vein therapy treatment options today by calling 508-778-6363 or submitting your information via the form below. Refer a friend or family member and receive $50 towards your next treatment purchase or service package. We look forward to your visit!